OCCORD is looking for a part-time social media and communications coordinator at its offices in Garden Grove. The ideal candidate will have a passion for: communications and social justice, creativity & and restlessness to expose societal injustices and love for human stories. The candidate should be self-driven and a focused self-starter with excellent copywriting and verbal communication skills, attention to detail and a strategic vision to broaden and deepen the organization’s exposure in social justice circles.
As the Communications Coordinator, the Candidate should have the following skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in English/Writing or other related field with 1-2 years’ experience in the field of communications
- Strong familiarity with Nation Builder
- Strong writing skills and an understanding or the nuances of writing on the web, social media and marketing
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with the media, industry bloggers and influencers
- Knowledge of web analytics to report on efficacy of social media and marketing efforts
- Ability to operate photography equipment, including video is preferred
- Graphic design skills a plus
Communications Coordinator responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Creating and producing a weekly e-newsletter using Nation Builder’s e-blast
- Documenting organization’s events/activities on video, editing & producing short videos
- Maintaining website content using National Builder’s platform
- Creating and managing all social media content
- Act as media point of contact and proactively maintain media relations
- Writing position statements, press advisories and responses to op-eds & news reports
You will enjoy a great degree of responsibility and have the opportunity to make an impact from day one, helping us to increase our brand's presence through communications and outreach. This role rewards a unique mix of creativity, efficiency, and old-fashioned common sense--join us today.
We invite you to send your resume to email@example.com by or before Nov 15th along with a writing sample of 300 to 400 words and a link to your blog or any other writings online. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. OCCORD is an equal opportunity employer.