Lead Organizer - Full Time
Working Partnerships USA seeks an experienced, committed lead organizer to take our coalition building, grassroots organizing, and civic participation programs to the next level.
Working Partnerships USA is a community organization bringing together the power of grassroots organizing and public policy innovation to drive the movement for a just economy. We build the capacity of workers, low-income neighborhoods and communities of color to lead and govern. Based in Silicon Valley, we tackle the root causes of inequality and poverty by leading collaborative campaigns for quality jobs, healthy communities and equitable growth.
Reporting to the Director of Organizing and Civic Engagement and working closely with other local and state organizations, the Lead Organizer is responsible for overseeing Working Partnerships USA integrated civic engagement and community organizing model. The Lead Organizer will recruit and develop leaders, lead civic engagement programs, contribute to campaign strategy, communicate and motivate existing and potential members, and lead pubic actions.
The position is full-time and exempt.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Ability to lead and manage a variety of public campaigns including but not limited to local, regional and state campaigns, corporate campaigns, and neighborhood based organizing, and labor/community collaborations.
- Develop and maintain outreach and organizing plans, communication systems, databases and work plans.
- Recruit leadership through door-to-door canvassing, house visits, house meetings and phone outreach.
- Plan and coordinate outreach and organizing meetings in order to build effective, ongoing organizations and to maintain the involvement of grassroots leaders.
- Develop, train, and supervise a team of talented community organizers.
- Develop campaign strategy and work plans to achieve campaign goals.
- Build strong coalitional relationships among diverse groups of organizational stakeholders and neighborhood leaders.
- Coordinate new media and social media organizing including Facebook, Twitter, microsites, blogs and email outreach to enhance the on-the-ground work.
- Organize participation in community meetings, public events and demonstrations, voter education and mobilization initiatives, and other forms of civic engagement.
- Develop organizing materials including talking points, marketing collateral, flyers, fact sheets, etc.
- Perform other duties as required to support the work of the organization as a whole.
- Minimum of three years experience in labor, community, or voter engagement.
- Bilingual (reading/writing) in Spanish and/or Vietnamese strongly desired.
- Proven ability to execute leaflets, brochures, direct mail pieces, and phone scripts.
- Experience in developing social and new media campaign strategies and programs.
- Proven ability to plan and execute actions.
- Minimum of two years of staff management and supervision experience.
- Ability to energize, inspire and move communities and allies to action.
- Strong commitment to social, economic and racial justice.
- Experience in the following areas: campaign strategy, base building, leading alliances, media outreach
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills. High attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and do multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evening and weekends.
- Strong computer skills with expertise in Microsoft Office and a variety of applications.
- California driver’s license, insurance, and regular access to a car.
- Experience with Silicon Valley organizing landscape a plus.
Salary and Benefits
Competitive salary and benefits package included.
Working Partnerships USA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, LGBTQ people and others are strong encouraged to apply.
Send a resume and a cover letter demonstrating your interest and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use subject line “Lead Organizer”