Title: Campaign Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Strategic Campaigns
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The Campaign Coordinator will play a key role in forwarding the work of the Clean Rivers Campaign (for a description of the campaign, see page 3). The coordinator will be responsible for working with the Director of Strategic Campaigns and coalition partners to develop and execute strategies to win on the campaign’s issues. This will include planning and implementing ratepayer education, coordinating and overseeing public policy advocacy, and developing materials for the general public and coalition partners’ use on these issues. Much of the work in the campaign will be done by the campaign partners with the coordinator’s oversight. The ability to work closely with and support the leadership of others is therefore an essential skill.
Qualifications and Skills: Applicants must demonstrate a commitment to social and economic justice, in addition to the following:
● Belief in and commitment to progressive social, racial, and economic justice
● Experience in implementing a successful campaign plan
● Experience in leading a team in project work
● Experience with public policy advocacy skills
● Demonstrated skills in community outreach and organizing (experience with coalition organizing preferred)
● Superior interpersonal skills
● Exceptional oral and written communication skills
● Commitment to understand race, class, gender, and other equity issues as part of your work as well as the impact these structural issues have on our own work environment
● PA Drivers License and access to a vehicle (preferred)
Other Information: The work schedule includes some evening and weekend meetings and events, as necessary. Candidates requiring strictly a 9 to 5 schedule will not be a good fit for this position. Salary is commensurate with experience, within the budget constraints of this small nonprofit organization. Pittsburgh United offers an exceptional benefits package including family health care, paid sick days, paid time off, and a flexible work environment.
How to Apply: Send resume, cover letter, and writing sample to email@example.com by November 13th, 2015. Pittsburgh United is an affirmative action employer. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.