Information Security and IT Consultant
The Partnership for Working Families, a national network of leading local advocacy organizations, is leading a national effort to solve urgent economic and environmental problems. We’re building an economy that works for everyone, by creating good family-supporting jobs for low-income communities and communities of color in the construction and transit sectors. We’re working to curb climate change and increase recycling by reshaping the way major cities manage their trash. And we’re maximizing the public’s investment in development and infrastructure projects by aligning public spending with community values. As the pioneers of the community benefits movement, we combine insightful research, cutting edge policy and broad alliance building to transform industry practices and create a more sustainable and equitable future in our cities.
The Partnership is currently seeking an Information Security and IT Consultant to help our organization operate more efficiently and securely. In this role, you will provide desktop and network support to our national staff both in person and remotely while spearheading security initiatives as we redefine and update our practices.
• Identify and document information security risks and propose mitigating controls
• Responsible for understanding complex business IT needs, requirements, and projects scopes, with a focus on information security requirements
• Create and document a comprehensive IT business continuity and disaster recovery plan
• Research, design, and develop new information security controls
• Ability to assess current IT environments and make recommendations to increase security
• Assist in troubleshooting and resolving information security issues
• Authors project and support documentation and diagrams
• Troubleshoot and resolve computer and network related problems
• Documenting work performed and other technical information for our staff
• Strong and consistent communication with staff
• Identify technology solutions based on analysis of staff support needs
• Superb client service skills
• Enough availability to support a growing national staff in several different cities throughout the country
• 5+ years of experience as an information security engineer/architect
• Broad knowledge of many aspects of information security in order to help us transition securely to a server
• Information Security Policy knowledge, planning, and roll out
• Experience designing and deploying security solutions
• Ability to multi-task and adapt to the changing demands
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to produce high quality technical documentation
• Strong organizational ability and time management skills
• Ability to diagnose and fix hardware and software issues for both desktops and servers
• Experience installing and troubleshooting problems on PC and Mac
• Strong business acumen
• Previous experience in a consultative role preferred
• Industry certifications: CCSK, CISA, CISSP, etc.
• Self-motivation and the ability to project a positive attitude
No phone calls, please.
The Partnership for Working Families is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status.
To apply, please submit a cover letter outlining relevant experience, resume, and three work-related references to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include IT Consultant in the subject line.
We will begin reviewing applications immediately. The position will remain open until filled.