The Los Angeles Alliance for a New Economy (LAANE) has been at the forefront of the economic justice movement in L.A. since 1994. LAANE is recognized as a national leader in the effort to address the challenges of working poverty, inadequate health care and polluted communities through a comprehensive approach that includes organizing, innovative policy, research, and communications. LAANE’s efforts to transform conditions in the region’s key industries have led to significant improvements for tens of thousands of working men and women, from 1997’s Living Wage Ordinance, to this year’s city-wide Minimum Wage increase. For more information about our work, visit www.laane.org.
LAANE is currently seeking a full-time experienced campaign director that can join the LAANE team and lead an exciting new campaign that will affect millions of Angelenos.
Position Responsibilities: The Campaign Director is responsible for
· Supervising a LAANE staff team 3+ including community/coalition organizer, researcher, and communication specialist;
· Coordinating closely with union partner at the leadership & staff level;
· Leading efforts to develop a policy tool to address campaign goals, and building support for same;
· Leading advocacy efforts to educate policy makers and win their support for the campaign
· Leading efforts to build a broad-based coalition of local residents, community organizations, clergy, etc, that will help shape and champion the campaign and coordinate activities with coalition partners
· Leading efforts to identify and implement comprehensive/corporate campaigns to support workers’ efforts to gain a voice on the job;
· Managing the project budget and working with LAANE executive team to develop and carry-out fundraising strategies to fund the project.
Qualifications: Applicants must demonstrate a commitment to economic justice and the labor movement. Also needed: willingness to work long hours and weekends when necessary and ability to work independently. Skills required:
· Proven track record in leading a team;
· Experience developing and implementing a campaign plan;
· Strong community outreach, organizing and engagement skills;
· Strong skills in advocacy of elected officials;
· Experience working with labor unions strongly preferred;
· Driving your own car required;
· Fluency in Spanish a plus.
Terms of employment: LAANE’s salary and benefit standards are very competitive. Salary scale starts at $65,000. Full health benefits; pension; generous time off; parking. Friendly, team-oriented working environment.
Application Process: This position is available immediately. E-mail cover letter and resume to Patricia Castellanos at email@example.com with “campaign director” in the subject line. No phone calls please. Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements will not receive a response.
LAANE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. PEOPLE OF COLOR, WOMEN AND LGBTQ ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.