Today San Diego City Council President Todd Gloria and his colleagues stood up for 280,000 San Diegans who lack sick leave and nearly 200,000 people who work hard every day and can’t afford rent and groceries.
Monday marks my last day at the Partnership, and the beginning of a new chapter for this incredible network. In August we welcome our new Executive Director, Nikki Bas, who has been a fantastic partner and leader, board chair and friend. You can send her a note of welcome at firstname.lastname@example.org. Until Nikki starts at the Partnership, our capable Deputy Director, Kathleen Mulligan-Hansel (email@example.com), will act as Interim Executive Director. READ MORE
Faith leaders from 40 congregations across Philadelphia celebrate the passage of Ballot Question #1 to raise the wage for thousands of workers.
- NW/SW Atlantic Ave. communities celebrate first ever Community Benefits Agreement, Pineapple Newspaper, Delray Beach, FL
- At the last minute, Detroit looks for community benefit guarantees with new bridge plan, Michigan Radio
- 'Community benefit' part of next offshore wind auction, South Coast Today
- South Works redevelopment following Chicago 2016's footsteps, Chicago Reporter
FRESC-Good Jobs, Strong Communities packed the house at a recent affordable housing community meeting hosted by Denver City Councilwoman Robin Kneich. At the standing-room-only event, FRESC leaders shared their stories of struggling to find reasonably priced homes in a booming city where the average median home sales price is over $315,000 and apartment rents skyrocketed by 8% since 2013.
Tweets from the Network
Private prison company, CCA, forced to pay $8 Million in back wages - ABC News http://t.co/sRqvM3pFw2 via
Building a New Economy for All
- Building a powerful network of urban affiliates
- Forming strong alliances with organizations and advocates
- Winning campaigns to bring good, safe jobs to low income communities & communities of color
Resulting in green cities, and healthier living for working families